Varutharacha Kozhi Curry
To serve 4 persons
|Chicken (cut into pieces)||1 kg|
|Coconut Oil||¾ cup or 12 tbsp|
|Grated coconut||2 cups|
|Ginger and Garlic paste||4 tbsp|
|Green Chilli slit||3 nos|
|Curry leaves||10 nos|
|Melam Varutharacha Kozhi curry masala||3 tbsp|
- Marinate the chicken with ginger and garlic paste and salt and keep aside for 5 – 10 mins.
- Roast the grated coconut in a pan till it turns golden brown in colour and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a kadai, add sliced onion, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté till it turns brown in colour.
- Add 3 tbsp of Melam Varutharacha kozhi curry masala and sauté for 2 mins in low flame.
- Add the marinated chicken, sliced tomato and sauté.
- Add enough water and cook the chicken till tender.
- Add the roasted coconut paste and simmer it.
- When the gravy becomes thick remove from the heat and serve.