To serve 4 persons
|Mutton or Beef cubes||500 g|
|Green chillies slit||2 nos|
|Melam Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Water||2 cups (1 cup is 150 ml)|
|Fresh coconut slices||100 g|
|Coconut oil||100 ml|
|Shallots sliced||50 g|
|Onion medium size||1 no|
|Ginger sliced||1 tbsp|
|Garlic sliced||1 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Melam Erachi Ularthiyathu Masala||2 – 3 tbsp|
- Clean the mutton or beef cubes.
- Pressure cook the meat with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt and water until it becomes tender.
- Add the coconut slices and continue cooking until the liquid is evaporated, mixing occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet and sauté the shallots, onion, ginger and garlic until it starts turning colour.
- Add the curry leaves and sauté and add Melam Erachi Ularthiyathu Masala. Transfer the cooked meat into the skillet and continue cooking on very slow flame until the meat is dark brown.
- Serve hot with raw onion rings.